Maximize Your Reach With Professional Development for Innovative Teachers
PLTW continues to empower teachers to facilitate transformative student experiences through their innovative, virtual professional development, PLTW Core Training.
PLTW Core Training is a robust and interactive professional development experience in an environment that offers a dynamic training format, expanded resources, exciting networking opportunities, and engaging high-quality course content without the additional costs of travel and housing. Expertly trained Master Teachers facilitate and deliver the online experience through a dynamic mix of live sessions, as well as interactive and collaborative cohort-based opportunities that help build lasting professional learning communities. Completing PLTW Core Training empowers credentialed teachers to provide meaningful learning experiences for their students that reinforce the in-demand, transferable skills needed to thrive in an evolving world.
Grade Level: PreK-12
Primary Audience: PLTW teachers
Secondary Audience: CTE Directors, STEM Coordinators, School and District Administrators
Key Benefits for Administrators
- Incorporates best-in-class online facilitation to ensure the quality delivery of course content
- Teachers receive the same high-quality training experience without the added cost of travel and housing
- Ability to stay on track with your PLTW implementation timeline
- Master Teacher facilitation promotes adaptable tips and tools for onsite and online environments
- Provides teachers with the confidence needed to continue preparing students to thrive in an evolving world
- A laptop that meets minimum computer specifications and includes required software for the course
- Reliable internet connection
- Webcam, Microphone and Headphones
PLTW is proud to be an Accredited Provider by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET). This designation certifies that PLTW complies with the ANSI/IACET Standard, which is recognized internationally as a standard of excellence in instructional practices. As a result of this accreditation, PLTW is authorized to issue IACET Continuing Education Units, or CEUs. CEU hours are specific to the selected PLTW Core Training experience.
PLTW Core Training costs vary by course. Specific costs can be accessed on pltw.org
All summer 2022 courses are online with a set number of hours correlating to the days spent attending live sessions via Zoom. Check out the schedule on pltw.org
What Our Teachers Have to Say About PLTW Core Training
“For teaching engineering, PLTW has the best resources, and the Master Teachers have years of teaching experience. They can train new teachers better and increase their confidence in implementing PLTW programs in their schools.” ꟷ PLTW Core Training Participant
“It was insanely valuable to work with not only the Master Teachers, but with the other participants. While possible to dive in alone, the in-class experience made it far easier to get the concepts and it was fun to meet new people.” ꟷ PLTW Core Training Participant
“I like the layout and the philosophy behind the program. I really like the way my teachers taught this program with a student-centered mindset.” ꟷ PLTW Core Training Participant
“This was an intensive training and I felt like I learned so much! I feel so prepared for the fall! I felt challenged and the training pushed me to my edges while helping me grow so much!” ꟷ PLTW Core Training Participant
“PLTW does an excellent job of building a robust curriculum and a support structure for its PLTW teachers.” ꟷ PLTW Core Training Participant
Registration for PLTW Core Training is now open. Log into your myPLTW account, or create one, by visiting my.pltw.org.
PLTW provides PreK-12 schools, teachers, and students with hands-on, interdisciplinary STEM-based curriculum that uniquely prepares students for life and their future careers.
PLTW rejuvenates teachers, providing world-class experiences that keep them on the forefront of how to prepare students for the demands of tomorrow. PLTW:
- Has provided professional development opportunities to more than 80,000 teachers giving them the support and resources needed to inspire students
- Offers best-in-class teacher training: PLTW Core Training with Master Teachers
- Continuously updates teacher resources that are available on demand
- Facilitates teacher networking opportunities
- Develops curriculum by a team of writers, many of whom are former teachers
Learn more about PLTW on pltw.org