Empowering You to Facilitate Transformative Learning Experiences for Your StudentsRegister Now
Dynamic and Flexible Professional Development Experiences for Teachers Across the Nation
PLTW Core Training is a learning experience that incorporates authentic, meaningful, and best-in-class online facilitation practices that ensure the quality delivery of course content. All participants will interact and learn together in an environment that offers increased flexibility in the training format, expanded resources, exciting networking opportunities, and the engaging high-quality course content that teachers expect from PLTW.
Expertly trained Master Teachers facilitate and deliver the online learning experience through a dynamic mix of live sessions, as well as interactive and collaborative cohort-based opportunities that help build lasting professional learning communities. Completing PLTW Core Training will empower credentialed teachers to provide meaningful learning experiences for their students that reinforce the in-demand, transferable skills needed to thrive in an evolving world. Learn more about graduate credits here.
Registration for PLTW Core Training is now open! Join the thousands of teachers nationwide that have registered and do not miss the opportunity to experience our newly designed PLTW Core Training experiences. To register, log into your myPLTW account, or create one, by visiting my.pltw.org.
We accept credit cards and Purchase Order Numbers (PO) as payment types. If your school or district is unable to generate a purchase order, please use the PLTW payment guarantee letter, which is available for download here. This letter can be uploaded in lieu of the Purchase Order. For more information about how to register for PLTW Core Training, refer to this step-by-step guide, watch this short video, or visit the FAQ page.
Newly Transformed Experience- Same High-Quality Content
Top 3 Key Benefits for Teachers
- Flexible professional development experiences with an energetic and interactive platform
- Dynamic mix of live sessions and in-depth exploration of PLTW coursework facilitated by expert Master Teachers
- Participants will learn the content and skills needed to continue their PLTW course implementation
Top 3 Key Benefits for Administrators
- Incorporates best-in-class online facilitation to ensure the quality delivery of course content
- Teachers receive the same high-quality training experience without the added cost of travel and housing
- Ability to stay on track with your PLTW implementation timeline
Equipment and Technical Requirements
Due to the current global crisis, PLTW made the design decision to presume that some participants might not have access to equipment for PLTW Core Training. In order to provide a consistent training experience for all participants, we must provide a common starting point.
- PLTW has designed an online training experience with the intention that even though participants will not have the equipment at home, the training and subsequent available resources will leave them confident in having the knowledge to facilitate content and properly handle all course-related equipment.
- PLTW Core Training learning experiences have incorporated simulations and new interactive ways to experience the equipment and its usage through hands-on, minds-on, and experiential learning.
- Participants will need hardware, including computer, webcam, microphone, and headphones, in addition to reliable internet.
- Even though participants will not need course-specific equipment or supplies; they may need course-specific software. Please see required software for each course, unit, or program as listed at pltw.org/training-technical-requirements.
How to Register for PLTW Core Training
To register for PLTW Core Training, teachers must have a myPLTW account. A myPLTW account provides access to everything schools and districts need to implement, manage, and grow their PLTW programs, including PLTW Professional Development opportunities.
In the process of creating an account, the teacher will request to join a school site, which their Program Coordinator or Site Coordinator will approve. Note that a teacher must join a site to pay for PLTW Core Training with a purchase order. Teachers can check out as a guest without joining a site, but they must pay for the event with a credit card.
- Click Register Now below.
- Enter user credentials and select Log in.
- Select Professional Development from the homepage.
- Select Catalog at the top of the page.
- Navigate to the desired PLTW Professional Development experience by scrolling through the displayed list or using the filter tool on the left side of the page.
- When you locate the desired PLTW Professional Development experience, select View Track.
- Select Start Track.
- Review the available PLTW Core Training offerings and select Register for your preferred event.
- Complete the registration form with all required information and select Submit Registration.
- On the Cart page, review the information and select Proceed to Checkout. Please note, your seat is not held until you complete the checkout process and pay for the training event.
- Enter all billing details and select Submit.
PLTW District Transformation Training (DTT)
Meeting You Where You Are, With Trainings to Fit Your Schedule
PLTW District Transformation Trainings (DTTs) provide world-class professional development to larger groups of teachers and education professionals with flexible schedule options ideal for scalable department, school, and district wide implementation of PLTW programs. Learn more about the benefits of DTTs and options available by downloading our new eBrochure.Download DTT eBrochure
PLTW Core Training Schedule
To get started on or continue your PLTW Professional Development journey, review the Winter/Spring 2020-21 PLTW Core Training event offerings below. This schedule serves as a tool to aid in your planning as you engage in in-depth learning with PLTW. The schedule is subject to change and offerings vary by course and type of training.