Best-in-Class Professional Development for Teachers
New Course Available! Beyond PBL: A Proven Learning Approach Starts June 2023
PreK-12 Professional Development for All Educators
Beyond PBL: A Proven Learning Approach
We’re excited to offer a new professional development course, Beyond PBL: A Proven Learning Approach. This course focuses on PLTW’s activity-, project-, and problem-based (APB) instructional approach, an incredibly powerful tool that goes beyond problem-based and project-based learning. APB learning experiences:
- Scaffold knowledge.
- Provide opportunities for students to transfer knowledge.
- Engage students as they apply their new learning to a relevant problem.
Register today to build new conceptual understanding and pedagogical practices to facilitate impactful APB learning and grow your understanding of the unique, proven APB approach while building your capacity as a facilitator of learning.
From exploring examples, to designing your own APB learning experiences, you’ll gain expertise and develop strategies to lead powerful student learning. Throughout this experience, participants can make connections to their own course content and curricular resources.
PLTW is an Accredited Provider for The International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET). Teachers who successfully complete this course will earn 1 CEU through IACET.
- June 26-27, 2023 | 10 hours | 2 days
- July 24-26, 2023 | 10 hours | 3 days
- September 12-26, 2023 | 10 hours | 3 weeks
- November 13-15, 2023 | 10 hours | 3 days
- June 7-8, 2023 | 10 hours | 2 days | Kern-Liebich Center
- July 17-18, 2023 | 10 hours | 2 days | Kern-Liebich Center
- July 26-27, 2023 | 10 hours | 2 days | Kern-Liebich Center
- August 14-15, 2023 | 10 hours | 2 days | Kern-Liebich Center
Los Angeles, CA
- July 17-18, 2023 | 10 hours | 2 days | Da Vinci Schools
How to Register
To register for the course, create a myPLTW account and click the Professional Development icon. Read instructions on how to register for this course here.Login or Create myPLTW Account
Strengthen Your Skills with Our New Professional Development Suite
We're thrilled to offer you a suite of best-in-class educator professional development to support your ongoing education and empower you to continue building student success.
- Engage in instructional and skill-based experiences designed to enhance your classroom delivery.
- Expand your capacity as a facilitator of learning and help create greater connections to your own course content.
- Choose from a variety of convenient sessions to meet your busy schedule.
- Network and build lasting relationships with fellow educators.
Create or log into your myPLTW account.
Click the Professional Development icon.
Find the desired course in the catalog.
Fill out the form in its entirety.
We have more exciting courses coming your way! Keep an eye out on your inbox to get first access to our complete suite of professional development offerings. We can’t wait to see what you do with your new and enhanced skillset!
Login or Create a myPLTW Account