Connecting Students to College- and Career-Focused Opportunities
The sky is the limit: Learn about opportunities that empower PLTW students to soar.
PLTW students have exclusive access to a variety of recognition opportunities including scholarships, preferred admission at colleges and universities, internships, industry connections, and other avenues to highlight their achievements.
- College/university opportunities: Colleges and universities across the U.S. recognize and reward PLTW students for their great work. These postsecondary institutions recognize PLTW students with scholarships, admissions preference, course credit, and more. PLTW continuously audits and updates this page to ensure the most up-to-date opportunities provided through the PLTW College and University Partner Network are listed below.
- Tallo: PLTW students receive complimentary access to Tallo, which empowers students across the country to build out their personal STEM profile, showcase their knowledge and skills, and get noticed by companies like Lockheed Martin and Toyota. Tallo is not a social networking platform but a way for students to overcome traditional boundaries and connect with opportunities anytime and anywhere. Learn More
- Apprenticeships: Students can search apprenticeship listings from across the country using keywords and/or locations at apprenticeship.gov. Users can filter by location, search radius, and skills, then sort the results by "most recent" or "most relevant" to find the right opportunities for you. Learn More
- PLTW Assessments: High school students who take the new EoC Assessment will receive a detailed score report that highlights their subject-matter knowledge and mastery of in-demand, transportable skills. Students can use their test results to bolster college applications or resumes or can send their score report directly to higher education institutions and employers, who may use it for admissions, scholarships, dual credit opportunities, campus experiences, internships, apprenticeships, industry certifications, and more. Learn More
- AP + PLTW: Students who complete the requirements of their chosen pathway earn the AP + PLTW student recognition, a qualification that demonstrates to colleges and employers readiness for advanced course work and interest in careers in that discipline. To earn recognition, the student must satisfactorily complete three courses in the pathway - one AP course, one PLTW course, and a third AP or PLTW course - and earn a qualifying score of three or higher on the AP exam(s) and a score of proficient or higher on the PLTW End-of-Course (EoC) Assessment. Learn More
- Student organizations: PLTW partners with a number of student organizations to deepen and reinforce student learning through activities and events:
- Career and Technical Student Organizations (CTSOs) – SkillsUSA, HOSA-Future Health Professionals, and Technology Student Association (TSA) – offer a variety of career-focused activities, leadership opportunities, and recognition in competitive events. We partner with these organizations to identify the competitions that correspond with PLTW lessons and activities.
- Many PLTW students get involved in the VEX Robotics Competition and online challenges and take advantage of the REC Foundation scholarships program.
- Student opportunities: Across the country, leading companies like Cerner and John Deere are seeking out PLTW students for career-focused opportunities including mock interviews, resume evaluations, and internships. Find college, career, and recognition opportunities available to PLTW students below.