Career Awareness Starting in Middle School
Through explorations of coding and robotics, flight and space, human body systems, and more, PLTW Gateway fuels students’ passion for discovery. As they engage in hands-on, collaborative problem solving focused on real-world challenges, students use and stretch their imaginations in brand-new ways and connect their learning to life. All the while, students step into roles spanning the career landscape – a crucial experience during this transitional time in their lives.
To ensure that more middle school students have equal access and opportunities to engage and be empowered through the PLTW experience, we offer all PLTW Gateway units and teacher resources in both English and Spanish.
Build a Strong Middle School STEM Program
Each PLTW Gateway unit engages students in middle school STEM curriculum that not only builds knowledge and skills in areas including computer science, engineering, and biomedical science, but also empowers students to develop essential skills such as problem solving, critical and creative thinking, communication, collaboration, and perseverance.
Our Approach to Standards Connection is Focused on Student Outcomes and Flexibility.
Our programs are designed to empower students to thrive in an evolving world.
As a part of this process, we take standards connections into account when developing and updating our curriculum.
We define connections as:
- Students complete a designated task(s) that demonstrates the outlined knowledge and/or skills of the specific standard or objective.
- Our multidisciplinary programs align to a variety of standards and provide districts and schools with the flexibility to tailor programs to meet their specific state or local requirements as needed.
PLTW Gateway Pricing
The PLTW Participation Fee is invoiced annually and does not increase with added units or program expansion. Pricing subject to change.
Annual Participation Fee
PLTW schools participate on an annual basis, with year-long, uninterrupted access to hands-on, relevant curriculum for teachers and students.
PLTW Core Training immerses teachers in a hands-on, collaborative learning environment, challenges them to look at their classrooms in a new way, and empowers them to bring learning to life with PLTW.
An Evidence-based Solution for Middle School Students
With PLTW Gateway you can:
- Create career confidence by exposing your students to the wealth of in-demand opportunities awaiting them.
- Inspire students to work together, solve problems, and persevere in a vibrant, dynamic environment.
- Foster interaction and social emotional learning for all students, especially underrepresented and female students.
Start Transforming Your Classrooms
Explore Our Curriculum
See how our pathways in computer science, engineering, and biomedical science make for a comprehensive PreK-12 learning experience.
Plan for PLTW
Plan for a lasting, strong program with support from PLTW throughout your implementation and beyond.
Discover the Difference
See how thousands of PLTW students and alumni across the country are unlocking their potential and thriving in college, career, and beyond.