Write Like An Outstanding PLTW Administrator: Prompts For Writing About Your Successes
PLTW Administrators are the foundation of a successful PLTW program. You support, not only your teachers, but create an ecosystem of innovation for the cultivation of amazing learning experiences, for both students and teachers. PLTW administrators champion progressive programs for their schools and pave the way for activity-, project-, and problem-based learning implementation. They are also, in many cases, the glue that combines federal, state, and local initiatives to increase opportunities for students.
Project Lead The Way acknowledges Outstanding PLTW Administrators who exhibit exemplary leadership that has a significant and positive impact in a PLTW school or district.
PLTW selects qualified nominations and recognizes Outstanding PLTW Administrators. From this group of Outstanding PLTW Administrators, PLTW will award one nominee as the PLTW National Administrator of the Year.
Think you or someone you know should be recognized as an Outstanding PLTW Administrator? Here are a few helpful tips to keep in mind when creating your submission.
Show Off the Student Experience!
Students are our WHY. Everything that we do is to ensure that students across the country have the information and skills to thrive in the future they create for themselves. We want to hear and see how you have impacted the lives of your students, and how they have impacted the way you approach your work. Here are a couple of questions to prepare yourself to complete your proposal:
- How do you inspire students at your school or district?
- How have you made engagement in PLTW programs more accessible?
- How have you supported your teachers and peers?
- How have you empowered your colleagues to continue their professional development?
Keep It Accessible!
Everyone deserves to have a quality education that prepares them to tackle and transform the world. The PLTW curriculum can be implemented in many different ways and is shown to increase student’s awareness and interest in STEM careers. We want to hear how you’ve advocated for the PLTW experience in your school and communities. Here are a couple of questions to prepare yourself to complete your proposal:
- How have you promoted PLTW opportunities within your school or district?
- How have you engaged with the PLTW community of educators in-person or online?
- How have you engaged and increased student opportunities in PLTW?
Lead Through Innovation!
You’re a leader and it is time to show off what sets you apart from the crowd! Tell us about the skills you’ve learned and about your innovative leadership methods and how you continue to push the boundaries of your professional development. Here are a couple of questions to prepare yourself to complete your proposal:
- How have you used the activity-, project-, problem-based learning approach to enhance the student experience?
- How do you encourage and celebrate your inclusive and diverse community?
- What types of professional development have you engaged in that enhanced the learning experience for your students?
We are so excited to see your nomination and get the chance to celebrate all our Outstanding PLTW administrators! Please note, the questions above are not a part of the submission process. They are tools to help you remember all the amazing things you’ve accomplished and get you in the spirit to begin crafting your submission.
Want to learn more about the Outstanding PLTW Administrator or National Administrator of the Year Awards? Check out the webpage here.
PLTW provides PreK-12 schools, teachers, and students with hands-on, interdisciplinary STEM-based curriculum that uniquely prepares students for life and their future careers.
PLTW rejuvenates teachers, providing world-class experiences that keep them on the forefront of how to prepare students for the demands of tomorrow. PLTW:
- Has provided professional development opportunities to more than 80,000 teachers giving them the support and resources needed to inspire students
- Offers best-in-class teacher training: PLTW Core Training with Master Teachers
- Continuously updates teacher resources that are available on demand
- Facilitates teacher networking opportunities
- Develops curriculum by a team of writers, many of whom are former teachers
Learn more about PLTW on pltw.org