Super-Cool Summer STEM Activities
School may be winding down, but that doesn’t mean learning has to! In fact, it is vital that it doesn’t. When students let their brains take a break over the summer, they can lose the equivalent of two months of their grade-level math and reading skills. To combat summer learning loss and keep those STEM skills fresh over the summer, Project Lead The Way asked our 2016 Teachers of the Year to help us put together a list of super simple (and FUN!) STEM activities students can do over summer break. When you tackle an activity, snap a photo or record a short video, post it to social media, and tag us! We'll be sure to share it!
Special thanks to our 2016 Teachers of the Year for their expertise!
- April Moon, Robert and Patricia Kern National Teacher of the Year – Waxahachie, Texas, PLTW Engineering Master Teacher
- Kelly Wheeler, PLTW Launch Teacher of the Year – Menifee, California
- Beth Fox, PLTW Gateway Teacher of the Year – Lenoir, North Carolina
- Darwin Shorters, PLTW Computer Science Teacher of the Year – Charleston, South Carolina
- Chris Hurd, PLTW Engineering Teacher of the Year – Cazenovia, New York
- Dr. Julye Adams, PLTW Biomedical Science Teacher of the Year – Georgetown, Kentucky