PLTW Recognizes 10 Affiliate Partners for Years of Service and Support
(October 20, 2013) - Ten of Project Lead The Way’s (PLTW) affiliate university partners were recognized this month for their years of service in supporting and carrying out PLTW’s mission of preparing students for the global economy. Each of the universities recognized has served 10 years or more in the affiliate university role.
Recognition came during State Leader and Affiliate Director regional meetings held September 19 through October 1. Affiliate directors and staff were honored in front of their peers with words from PLTW Senior Vice President and Chief Engagement Officer, David Dimmett, and presented with a commemorative award. The following affiliate institutions were honored:
- Arkansas Technical University – 10 years
- University of Maryland at Baltimore County – 10 years
- San Diego State University – 11 years
- University of Colorado at Colorado Springs – 11 years
- University of New Haven – 11 years
- University of South Carolina – 11 years
- University of Texas at Tyler – 12 years
- NHTI Concord’s Community College – 12 years
- Purdue University – 12 years
- Rochester Institute of Technology – 15 years
Affiliate partners are an integral part of PLTW’s work. The 44 affiliate colleges, universities, and research institutions provide support for PLTW and its network of over 5,200 schools in the United States, working with PLTW to support and grow PLTW programs within their states. They host PLTW professional development training programs, which are required for each course a PLTW teacher instructs. Additionally, affiliates host annual conferences for school administrators and counselors, as well as provide ongoing support to PLTW schools.
PLTW would like to extend a sincere thank you to these 10 affiliate partners and all of those who support its work.