Access Your 2018-19 PLTW Program Software
The annual PLTW Participation Fee covers the cost of all required software for your PLTW programs. Please use the links below to access the software needed for your PLTW programs. Troubleshooting documents are available here.
2018-19 Software Updates
- Computer Specifications: To ensure you can successfully install and use required software, please follow these hardware specifications.
- Design and Modeling: Since the 2017-18 school year, PLTW offers and supports SketchUp Pro for Design and Modeling. All 2016 and 2017 versions of SketchUp Pro licensed during 2017-18, will extend through the 2018-19 school year. We are not providing licensing for SketchUp 2018 as the curriculum is supported for the 2016 and 2017 versions.
- Digital Electronics: FPGA boards are no longer supported for Digital Electronics. Digital Electronics is now utilizing the Digital Mini System with the PLTW S7 chip. The new S7 chip requires a new software in the Digital Electronics course titled Xilinx Vivado. The CMOD S6 chip is still supported and utilizes Xilinx 14.7.
- NEW Medical Detectives: The New Medical Detectives Course does not require any software.
- 2017-2019 Autodesk products now license after installation is complete. For mass installation, consider creating an Autodesk Deployment Package.
- STEM Hero is the only software requiring the Software Request Form.
- ROBOTC no longer needs a Building License file to use the software. ROBOTC versions 4.55 and higher are ready for student use after installing the software.
- Review our change log to see information about additional minor software updates.
- All other licensing information and procedures are located in the installation guides below.
- PLTW Launch App List
- Vex IQ with Smart Radios (Blue Radio Chips)
- Vex IQ with Modkit (Gray Radio Chips)
- App Creators
- Automation and Robotics
- Computer Science for Innovators and Makers
- Design and Modeling
- Flight and Space
- Green Architecture
- NEW Medical Detectives
- No software required.
- Old Medical Detectives
- Science of Technology
- Computer Science A
- Computer Science Principles
- Aerospace Engineering
- Civil Engineering and Architecture
- Computer Integrated Manufacturing
- Digital Electronics
- Xilinx Vivado is the new software used with the PLTW S7. Xilinx Vivado is required to use the PLTW S7 with Multisim 14.1.
- Multisim 14.0.1
- Xilinx Vivado Design Suite (PLTW S7 Chip)
- Xilinx Configuration Files (PLTW S7 Chip)
- LabVIEW/Xilinx 14.7 Tools (CMOD S6 Chip)
- LabVIEW/Xilinx 14.7 Drivers (CMOD S6 Chip)
- NI ELVISmx 16.0
- Arduino IDE
- Engineering Design and Development
- Environmental Sustainability
- Logger Pro 3
- STEM Hero - Please submit a Software Request Form for each PLTW school needing the software (licensing information is emailed within five business days). Ensure that you have a teacher certified in the Environmental Sustainability course at your organization before submitting a request.
- Biomedical Innovation
- Human Body Systems
We’re Here to Help
Questions? Our friendly PLTW Solution Center team members are here to answer all of your questions. Call us at 877.335.7589 for live, one-on-one support Monday-Friday 7 a.m.-11 p.m. ET, Saturday 9 a.m.-6 p.m. ET, and Sunday 2-11 p.m. ET. You also can email us at [email protected].