Access Your 2020-2021 PLTW Program Classroom Software
Please use the links below to access the software needed for your PLTW programs. The information below contains software and procedures are intended for classroom installation. PLTW is committed to providing Distance Learning in the Fall of 2020. Software needed for those activities will be announced later this summer. Troubleshooting documents are available here.
2020-21 Software Updates
- myPLTW Whitelist Information
- Computer Specifications: To ensure you can successfully install and use required software, please use the follow hardware specifications for your program:
- Several courses were re-written for Fall 2020. Hardware and software changes have been made base on these course revisions. An overview of each change is below.
- Design and Modeling: Tinkercad will be replacing Sketchup Pro as the preferred CAD program for the course. This allows DM to be compatible with PC, Mac, and Chromebook devices. The Tinkercad instructions below show how teachers can create COPPA Compliant accounts for their students.
- Flight and Space: No additional software will need to be installed for this course. This allows FS to be compatible with PC, Mac, and Chromebook devices.
- Computer Science A: CSA will utilize MS Visual Studio Code as its new coding IDE along with using AWS Educate.
- Computer Science Essentials: The transition to VEXcode V5 Blocks has been made to replace VEX Coding Studio.
- Computer Science Principles: CSP will also utilize MS Visual Studio Code as its new coding IDE, along with using AWS Educate.
- Introduction to Engineering Design: Through the course rewrite, the preferred CAD modelling software has changed from Autodesk Inventor, to Autodesk Fusion 360 in an effort to become more software agnostic. Fusion 360 allows users to save projects in the cloud, collaborate with others, and can be used on PCs and Macs. Teacher files and resources are available in the updated course for Autodesk Inventor and teachers can still use Autodesk Inventor in their classroom.
- PLTW Biomedical Science: While students can still use their legacy Vernier Sensors with Logger Pro, course updates recommend moving to the newest GoDirect Vernier sensors and Graphical Analysis 4. Graphical Analysis 4 can be used with Mac, PC, Chromebook, Android, and iOS devices.
- End-of-Course Assessment Installation Guides:
- Review our change log to see information about additional minor software updates.
- All other licensing information and procedures are located in the installation guides below.
- App Creators
- Automation and Robotics
- Computer Science for Innovators and Makers
- Flight and Space
- No Software Required
- NEW Medical Detectives
- This course has no required software.
- Computer Science A
- Computer Science Essentials
- Aerospace Engineering
- Aery 32
- AGI STK 11
- Orbit Turner Setup
- Autodesk Inventor Professional 2020
- Engine Sim
- Fly to Learn by X-Plane
- Computer Integrated Manufacturing
- Autodesk Inventor Professional
- Autodesk Inventor CAM
- Autodesk Inventor HSM Ultimate
- FlowArm PLTW
- Digital Electronics
- Environmental Sustainability
- STEM Hero - Please submit a Software Request Form for each PLTW school needing the software (licensing information is emailed within five business days). Ensure that you have a teacher certified in the Environmental Sustainability course at your organization before submitting a request.
- Introduction to Engineering Design
We’re Here to Help
Questions? Our friendly PLTW Solution Center team members are here to answer all of your questions. Call us at 877.335.7589 for live, one-on-one support seven days a week. You also can email us at [email protected].