PLTW Student Opportunities Roundup
Learn about a few of the many exciting opportunities currently available to PLTW students:
- What? Lockheed Martin has launched a new scholarship program that will award $10,000 scholarships – renewable each year – to 200 students.
- When? Students may apply now through March 12, 2019.
- Where? Apply online.
- Who? The scholarship program is open to students enrolling in an accredited four-year college or university to study engineering or computer science who can demonstrate financial need.
- Questions? Find more information here.
- What? Chevron has announced a scholarship opportunity through its partnership with Great Minds in STEM (GMiS). Scholarships range from $500 to $10,000.
- When? The deadline to apply is April 1, 2019.
- Where? Apply online.
- Who? Applicants must be a graduating high school senior, undergraduate, or graduate student pursuing a STEM degree. Applicants must also “be of Hispanic descent and/or must significantly demonstrate leadership or service within the underserved community.”
- Questions? Find more details and the online application here.
- What? PLTW, Chevron, John Deere, and FedEx welcome students to engage in the 2019 PLTW Engineering Design Competition, which gives participants the opportunity to address a problem relating to portable, renewable, and affordable energy. The competition is designed to recognize and reward outstanding student projects and to highlight the importance of engineering design that solves real-world problems.
- When? Teams may register now; registration closes April 19, 2019.
- Where? Apply online through the Innovation Portal.
- Who? Open to teams of PLTW high school students in grades 9-11. Teams must consist of two to four students.
- Questions? Visit the 2019 PLTW Engineering Design Competition website.
- What? PLTW students receive complimentary access to this online social platform (formerly STEM Premier), which empowers them to build out their personal STEM profile, showcase their knowledge and skills, and seek out opportunities.
- When? Anytime.
- Where? Online at tallo.com and app.tallo.com.
- Who? Open to any PLTW students ages 13 and up.
- Questions? Visit the Tallo website.
See more student opportunities.