We’re thrilled to share an exciting new student opportunity from PLTW Transformative Partner Lockheed Martin!
Lockheed Martin has launched a brand-new scholarship program and, starting this year, will begin awarding 200 scholarships of $10,000 per student, renewable each year. The program will continue to add up to 200 new recipients each year for a minimum total investment of $30 million over five years.
The scholarship program is open to individuals studying engineering or computer science who demonstrate financial need and come from an underrepresented group or underserved community.
Applicants must also meet the following criteria:
- Majoring or planning to major in aerospace engineering, electrical engineering, industrial engineering, mechanical engineering, electrical and computer engineering, computer engineering, computer science, systems engineering, math, physics, information systems/management information systems, or information assurance
- High school senior with a 3.5 GPA or higher
- Freshman/sophomore undergraduate students with a 3.0 GPA or higher
- Attending or planning to attend an accredited U.S. four-year college or university
- U.S. citizen
- Willing to consider a paid internship with Lockheed Martin following their freshman, sophomore, or junior year of college, other circumstances notwithstanding (Note: The internship is not required to receive a scholarship.)
The scholarship application opens Jan. 15, 2019.