Access Your 2017-18 PLTW Program Software
The annual PLTW Participation Fee covers the cost of all required software for your PLTW programs. Please use the links below to access the software needed for your PLTW programs. Troubleshooting documents are available here.
2017-18 Software Updates
- New Design and Modeling software update: PLTW will offer and support a new software solution – SketchUp Pro.
- 2017 Autodesk products now license after installation is complete. For mass installation, consider creating an Autodesk Deployment Package.
- In 2016, Autodesk Inventor HSM Ultimate replaced Edgecam for CIM.
- The Software Request Form is only required for STEM Hero.
- ROBOTC no longer needs a Building License file to use the software. The latest version of ROBOTC (4.55) is ready for student use after installing the software.
- FPGA boards are no longer supported for Digital Electronics. DE is now utilizing the Digital Mini System.
- To ensure you can successfully install and use required software, please follow these hardware specifications.
- For smaller software updates, see our change log.
- All other licensing information and procedures are located in the installation guides below.
- App Creators
- Automation and Robotics
- CS for Innovators and Makers
- Design and Modelling
- OpenSim 3.3.0 (optional)
- Autodesk 123D Design for Education (optional)
- Science of Technology
- Flight and Space
- Green Architecture
- Medical Detectives
- Computer Science Essentials
- This new course will be offered as a beta version for the 2017-18 school year. More software will be released throughout the year.
- Computer Science Principles
- Computer Science A
Beginning with the 2017-18 school year, a new full-year computer science introductory course – Computer Science Essentials – will be available to districts and schools. Schools currently offering Introduction to Computer Science have the option to continue offering the ICS course in 2017-18, or they may enhance their PLTW Computer Science program with the new Computer Science Essentials course for 2017-18. ICS curriculum will be available and supported through the 2018-19 school year.
- Aerospace Engineering
- Civil Engineering and Architecture
- Computer Integrated Manufacturing
- Digital Electronics
- NI Elvis Driver 4.4 – Step 4 (Windows 7 & 8 only)
- NI Elvis Driver 4.5 - Step 4 (Windows 10 only)
- Engineering Design and Development
- Environmental Sustainability
- STEM Hero - Please complete one Software Request Form per school (licensing will be emailed within five business days).
- Introduction to Engineering Design
- Principles of Engineering
We’re Here to Help
Questions? Our friendly PLTW Solution Center team members are here to answer all of your questions. Call us at 877.335.7589 for live, one-on-one support Monday-Friday, 7 a.m. ET to 11 p.m. ET. You also can email us at [email protected].