New! 2016-17 Verizon & PLTW School Grant Competition
January 14, 2016 - A new PLTW implementation grant opportunity is now available! These $20,000 grants will support the implementation of the PLTW Gateway Introduction to Computer Science (ICS) units.
This competition is open to U.S. middle schools with a Free and Reduced Lunch Program-eligible student population of 70 percent or greater.
Grant funds may be used to help offset the following implementation expenses:
- PLTW Participation Fee
- ICS Core Training expenses
- Tuition, lodging, travel/mileage, any meals not provided by training site
- Wireless connectivity – one router per ICS classroom
- Android tablets – minimum one per every two students and one per teacher
- Desktop or laptop computers – one per student and one per teacher
The following items are optional for implementation, but are allowable grant expenses:
- Tablet protective cases
- Tablet storage/charging cart
- Additional computer display monitors
- Laptop storage/charging cart
The grant application window opens on Jan. 15, 2016, and closes on March 31, 2016. Grants will be awarded no later than April 15, 2016.