Exceptional Teachers Honored at PLTW Summit
PLTW Outstanding Teachers and PLTW Outstanding Educational Leaders Honored
KANSAS CITY (Nov. 10, 2019) – Project Lead The Way (PLTW) recognized 76 exemplary teachers and educational leaders at its national conference this week for their outstanding efforts to empower and inspire students.
PLTW Outstanding Teachers and PLTW Outstanding Educational Leaders are selected for demonstrating a strong record of work that aligns with PLTW strategic goals:
- Delivering an inspiring and empowering students experience with a commitment to student needs, success implementing PLTW above and beyond his/her peers, and by inspiring students to apply learning beyond the classroom.
- Expanding access to PLTW programs by promoting PLTW in the school and community.
- Transforming teaching by demonstrating leadership within the classroom, school, or district, using innovative methods to engage students in activity-, project-, problem-based learning, and actively pursuing professional and personal development.
You can find a full list of awardees, including schools and districts, here.
“We are grateful to our teachers for their commitment to inspiring and empowering their students with the knowledge and transportable skills needed to thrive in our ever-changing world.” said PLTW Senior Vice President and Chief Programs Officer David Greer. “The PLTW Outstanding Teachers and PLTW Outstanding Educational Leaders are exceptional examples for inspiring the next generation of innovators.”
PLTW Summit, sponsored by Chevron, is the premier gathering for the PLTW network of individuals dedicated to preparing students with the in-demand knowledge and transportable skills they need to succeed in college and careers. PLTW Outstanding Teachers and PLTW Outstanding Educational Leaders will be recognized at each of the remaining PLTW Summit experiences across the country.
- PLTW Summit San Antonio, Nov. 17-19, 2019
- PLTW Summit Anaheim, Jan. 31-Feb. 2, 2020
- PLTW Summit Indianapolis, Feb. 8-10, 2020
Project Lead The Way (PLTW) is a nonprofit organization that provides a transformative learning experience for PreK-12 students and teachers across the U.S. PLTW empowers students to develop in-demand, transportable knowledge and skills through pathways in computer science, engineering, and biomedical science. PLTW’s teacher training and resources support teachers as they engage their students in real-world learning. More than 12,200 elementary, middle, and high schools in all 50 states and the District of Columbia offer PLTW programs. For more information on Project Lead The Way, visit pltw.org.
PLTW Director of Media Relations