Check-in gives you an opportunity to get your bearings at the training venue, meet the training support staff and Master Teachers, ensure your technology is working, and learn more about PLTW and what to expect during the training experience.
What happens during check-in?
Check-in and orientation give you an opportunity to get your bearings at the training venue, meet the training support staff and Master Teachers, ensure your technology is working, and learn more about PLTW and what to expect during the training experience.
Please complete all prerequisite training before you arrive. You'll want to have your laptop with charger and a photo ID to check-in so that you can:
- Receive your room assignment for training
- Connect your laptop to the onsite printers and verify that your technology is working properly
- Ask any additional questions you may have about the venue
For all training sessions that begin on a Monday, check-in times are:
Sunday | 2-4 p.m. Local Time
Monday | 7:30-8 a.m. Local Time
Check-in is required for all participants. For those who are attending PLTW Core Training for the first time, it’s especially helpful to arrive for check-in the day prior to allow extra time to get to know the venue and verify that your technology is working.
We host an all-participant orientation for most courses the morning of the first day of training from 8–8:45 a.m. During orientation, you’ll hear more about PLTW, PLTW Professional Development, and the support and community that teachers have once they leave training. Please be sure to enjoy breakfast at your hotel before training.
Orientation is required for all participants.
We are pleased to offer negotiated rates for PLTW Core Training participants at the below hotel.
One of the key benefits of booking the hotel we identify is that you’ll be with other participants and Master Teachers – it’s a great way to build your community. Additionally, we have worked with the hotel to enhance your overall experience with things like complimentary breakfast and Wi-Fi, and comfortable shared spaces for evening study sessions.
Sheraton Indianapolis Hotel at Keystone Crossing
8787 Keystone Crossing
Indianapolis, IN 46240
- Phone: 888-627-7814
- 6 miles to McKenzie Career Center
- Rates: $159 per night plus 17% taxes
- Week of June 26
- Week of July 10
- Week of July 17
- Week of July 24
- Rate includes Complimentary breakfast, Wi-Fi, fitness center access, 20% discount in Keystone Café
- Parking: Complimentary self-parking in attached garage
- To make a reservation, click on this booking link.
Any nights needed outside of the dates listed above, must make a separate reservation with the link matching your dates. The hotel will make sure you do not have to change rooms with the separate reservation, if possible.
Please note that the rates quoted are subject to availability. You must provide a credit card to secure your reservation; the credit card will not be charged when you make your reservation. Upon check-in, you will need to provide a credit card for payment. You may also submit a completed and signed credit card authorization form for your selected hotel prior to arrival to cover any or all expenses.
Suggested Packing List
We have assembled a list of items based on previous participant and training partner feedback that could help PLTW Core Training feel more like a home away from home.
Attire and Personal Items
- Casual clothing. You may wish to bring a sweater or sweatshirt for comfort in air-conditioned buildings. Please remember that we require long pants or pants that extend to the ankle and closed toed shoes in the laboratories. Shorts are fine for after class and weekends.
- Comfortable walking shoes.
Optional Miscellaneous Items
- Digital camera, cell phone and/or equipment to download pictures to your laptop (highly recommended)
- Pens, pencils, erasers, highlighters
- Spiral notebook or notepad
- Scientific calculator
- Personal emergency information (doctor/insurance/emergency contacts)
Your tuition fee includes lunch, snacks, and drinks. There are a variety of healthy snack and drink options available during sessions. When you register, you’ll have the opportunity to let us know about any dietary needs and restrictions. We can meet dietary needs upon request.
Breakfast is included with your stay at the hotel.
Dinner is not included in the tuition fee. You’ll have the opportunity to explore the area and enjoy local restaurants.
Local Area Restaurants
8830 Keystone Crossing
Noodles and Company
8702 Keystone Crossing
Bru Burger Bar
8711 River Crossing Blvd., Suite 150
Travel by Car
- Keep right at the fork to continue on I-70 W, follow signs for Dayton
- Take exit 90 to merge onto I-465 N/I-69
- Take exit 40 for Shadeland Ave
- Continue onto Shadeland Ave
- Turn right onto E 75th St
- Take exit 89 for Shadeland Ave toward I-465
- Keep left, follow signs for Interstate 465 N/Interstate 465 S
- Keep left at the fork, follow signs for I-465 N and merge onto I-465 N/I-69
- Use the right 2 lanes to take exit 40 for Shadeland Ave
- Turn right onto E 75th St
- I-55 S/I-74 E exit toward St Louis/Indianapolis
- Merge onto I-55 S/I-74
- Keep left at the fork to continue on I-74/US-51 S, follow signs for Interstate 74 E/Indianapolis/Decatur
- Take exit 39 toward IN-32 E
- Turn right to merge onto I-65 S/US-52 E toward Indianapolis
- Follow I-65 S/US-52 E, I-865 E and I-465 E to Binford Blvd in Indianapolis. Take exit 37A from I-465 E
- Take E 75th St to your destination
Travel by Air
Indianapolis International Airport (IND).
The airport is located 29 miles from McKenzie Career Center and is 34 minutes away. The airport is 28 miles away from the Kern-Liebich Center and is 34 minutes away. Travel times vary throughout the day.
Shopping | The Fashion Mall at Keystone Crossing
Suggested Weekend Activities